Submission

1 Peter 3:1 In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives.. 3 And let not your adornment be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 


In month 1+ of marriage, I am still somehow shocked at how much God has entrusted to us, and in turn, how much he calls out of us in marriage. I don't even recognize how much I fall short sometimes. This verse reminds me quickly where my goals must lie. I can say with a little shame but 'eye on the prize' mentality that I wouldn't consider myself a woman with a gentle or quiet spirit, but I am aiming for it daily. Some days I hit the seventh ring of the target, some days I miss the board completely. But I do know the direction I need to move in. 

I have lots to learn, praise God that I have access to the perfect guide book.


Update: Shimmy and I are in Pittsburgh for our friends wedding, and then headed to D.C. for a quick (really quick, one day) house hunt. Then we are home in St. Louis for a day before heading to the wedding of our lovelies, Sharon and Greg!

Missing this lady already

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole 30 Recap

Above All Else, Guard Your Heart

What's in a Name?