Reflection


There is something so delicious about this place that we’re in- the hubs and I.  After a year of almost twenty-four-seven togetherness, we’ve got this thing down. There is a predictable spontaneity that has become so second nature that I just might miss it when it’s gone. I’ll admit that at the beginning things were a little shaky. This big house seemed even bigger having him home all the time, and yet somehow in all this space it felt as if we were suffocating each other. 

As it turns out, that suffocation was oneness in the making. 

We shared time, dreams, discoveries and hurts. We shared road trips, responsibilities, laughs and dessert. It’s just the two of us- a retiree and a graduate deciding how to spend our days. They are filled with so many somethings that look like nothings from the outside. There is plenty, “what do you want to do tonight?” and sometimes, “hey, if we leave now we can make it to the eight o’clock showing.” “wanna go for a walk?” and “can you come sit with me?” have been in heavy rotation too. We know this phase won’t last long, but we are riding the wave until it fades and eases us back into the shore. 

The past year has taught me that moments with a “perishable” sticker on them can be just as sweet as the things that will last forever. This compilation of moments has provided a gluttonous spread of gratitude, joy and contentment, and I plan on indulging in their leftovers for years to come. 

Comments

  1. I love this! I am so happy you're embracing this current season, and I love that you've grown and enjoyed every bit of it. And I'm particularly excited for when it's no longer just the two of you ;)....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whole 30 Recap

Above All Else, Guard Your Heart

What's in a Name?