Citrus Cravings: Lemon Poppy Seed Doughnuts

Ladies. It's that time of year.

That time where we somehow by a force unknown (a force that I wish existed in the Winter...) pushes us to reach for fruit instead of cupcakes.

Okay. Maybe not instead of cupcakes.

But we're certainly reaching for more fruit.

When Spring hits, I suddenly cannot get enough citrus in my life. Next week I'll be sharing how to incorporate citruis inspired peices into your wardrobe, but this week I have to share how to incorporate it in the kitchen.

In a doughnut.

I was nursing a serious craving for lemon at the exact same moment a doughnut craving hit. Luckily, Pinterest was invented for moments like this. I scrolled like a mad woman until I came across a recipe I pinned months ago: Lemon Poppyseed Doughnuts by the Novice Chef. Within two hours, I was pulling these babies out of the oven:




They were light, refreshing, lemony and so delicious. I only made a few changes to the recipe.

1. I used a full sized doughnut tray, which gave me about 9 doughnuts.
2. The icing was a little too lemony for my taste so I iced half of the doughnuts in a thin layer of plain glaze. Those were my favorites.
3. I exchanged All-Purpose flour for Cup4Cup flour to make these bad boys gluten free.

These would be a perfect addition to Easter Brunch so run, don't walk, to the kitchen and make these as soon as possible. I promise you won't regret it! 

Original Recipe Here

 p.s. zested lemons are so stinkin' gorgeous.


All photography by Jill Atogwe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole 30 Recap

Above All Else, Guard Your Heart

What's in a Name?