In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church — for we are members of His body. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery-but I am talking about christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. 
Ephesians 5:25-33
The book we are reading right now is called "Love and Respect." It sounds simple, but as we are learning, the book unlocks the keys to marriage the way God intended. Who knew I was so disrespectful?? We are going through this book chapter through chapter with Pastor, and former St. Louis Ram, Aaneas Williams and his incredible wife Tracey. Praise God for mentors! Although these sessions reveal some things that are painful to learn about myself, knowing that ultimately- they are helping prepare my marriage (almost exactly two months away) to be one that is as joyful as it is ordained. If I am crying, in deep thought, or distracted- it is because I am thinking about this book! "Lord, have Your way with me..."
I will keep posting my ah-ha moments from the book. Blessings to my followers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole 30 Recap

Above All Else, Guard Your Heart

What's in a Name?