Change of Plans

This week was absolutely fantastic. Time has passed so quickly already, and I am almost sad to know that this season will be over before we know it. For the past month I have been praying every day with my family and husband that he will be able to play in the first game. Praying for the full healing of his hamstring and praising God for playing through him this season. After the first game, and first win (!) of the season when we were all laying on the couch watching Entourage, it hit me that the moment had passed. God had answered our prayers and blessed my love and now that is in the past. I think too much, and think far into things, but that has been on my mind. Through this time of back and forth and newness of our marriage and rookie-season as Redskins I want to be sure to soak up every single day.

I am sitting on the plane on my ride back to San Francisco for class tomorrow. Which means I survived my first full week of the back-and-forth semester. I was initially concerned about the flying. I don't do tremedously well on plane rides. I have peobably taken at least two flights a month for the past three years, and yet I never get more used to it. I decided a year ago that I cannot say I love the Lord and live for him and then cry and turn on my cell phone to say my goodbyes when some turbulence hits. ( I am a little embarassing.) I chose to implement more faith in my life in all areas, and use every flight as an opportunity to exercise my trust in Him. 

Anyways, God was looking out for me because the week before I started booking these flights, Virgin America introduced a new flight...D.C to SF... and to promote it they made it especially cheap. And on top of that, I am a sucker for a TV screen and stark white seats. Virgin America has stolen my heart. I spend the whole flight doing homework, watching Bravo and sleeping on the adjustable head rests. God has tricked me into believing I'm practically not on a plane at all. He is so good!

With that part taken care of, I thought this would a complete breeze. I bet you did too, huh? Well here's what happened. 
I love my Hubby.

A lot.

And I don't like leaving home.

At all.

And I'm not a huge fan of carrying a carry on full of one teeny outfit for school, or waking up on Monday morning knowing I'll be right back on Wednesday night...because it triggers this whole "then why should I even go?" thing in my brain. 
So the plans have changed. Instead of only coming for home games, I will come every week. Although I am still not the world's best flier, and I am still a little bitter about practically catching pneumonia just from one plane ride...I signed up to be a suitable helper. And I want to be there every step of the way!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole 30 Recap

Above All Else, Guard Your Heart

What's in a Name?